Saturday, March 14, 2015

Here comes the Son!

Today was so awesome!!  The sun was finally out and shining brightly in the sky, warming me up and making me so happy!  It has been sad, dark, gloomy and cold in Houston for what seemed to feel like weeks and weeks.  These last few weeks, I often wondered where Mr. Sun was.  Had he gone away?  Would that big, beautiful, yellow, wonderful Sun ever come back?  Would I ever see its warm face again?  I knew it was there.  I thought it was there.  Or was it?  Maybe all along it was a figment of my imagination?

When it’s dark and gloomy, your mind can start playing tricks on you.  Especially when it’s your life that’s dark and gloomy.  You might start to wonder where is my shining sun?  Where is Jesus?  Did He go away?  Would He ever come back?  Will I ever see His face again?  Maybe the devil is up to his tricks and it was all just a figment of my imagination?  Just like the sun, you know He was there.  At least you thought He was there.  But if He was there, then why are things in my life sad, dark, gloomy and cold?  Why are things so hard?  Why are all these struggles in my life?  Where is Jesus?


My friends, make a knot in your rope and hold on.  Jesus is there.  Just like the sun, He never left.  He may be hard to see.  There may be dark rainclouds in your life but keep believing.  Keep trusting.  The rain is going to stop and that majestic Son will return.  I promise you will see His face again – in all its glory.  He is coming back and in a big, beautiful, warm, loving way.

No comments: